What I did today
Do you ever feel like you spend the whole day running around a getting nothing done? I’ve felt that way a lot lately because I have so many large projects looming over my head. And then I have to remind myself of what I did accomplish.
- I installed drip irrigation in the last 8 feet of my garden bed
- I mixed compost into the top bit of the bed
- I planted carrots and beets, the carrots under burlap in the hopes that they will germinate (although it might still be too hot, we’ll see)
- I built and painted another planter box for my grow shelf.
- Did Day 1 of the Couch-To-5K program (and realized how out of shape I am!)
- I filled out and submitted all the online forms and paperwork for my kids to do virtual academy this year (woo hoo! This has been a big stress. I just need Xander’s signature when he gets home tomorrow and the paperwork can go in the mail)
- I got about half of my chore checklist cards made on the computer.
- I made homemade turkey-vegetable soup from a leftover turkey breast carcass and some old vegetables that needed to be used. How’s that for a cheap, healthy meal? I made biscuits to go with it, too. And it was yummy, which is never guaranteed when I don’t use a recipe.
- I went on a date with my husband!
- I blogged!!